At uni4., we value your custom and if you encounter an issue with one of our products we are here to support you.
Under EU consumer law we provide you with up to two (2) years of protection relating to faulty products. For further information on rights provided under consumer law within Europe, please click here. Where appropriate, claims under warranty will only be valid with proof/date of purchase of uni4. products through an approved distributor, reseller, and for the original owner only. For details on warranty coverage and claims, please refer our “TERMS OF SALE” document.
Intended Use and Specification
uni4. is an electric bicycle developed in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Electric Bicycle Standard EN 15194 and the City Bicycle Standard EN 14764:2005 and is intended as a power-assisted bicycle for practical use by physically competent consumers.
uni4. products have been developed and designed for commuting/leisure usage and/or simple riding in fair weather, at safe speeds and relevant travel in an urban or suburban environment and in accordance with uni4.’s guidelines, including but not limited to information in uni4.’s technical specifications, Owner’s Manual, Assembly and Operation Guides, service communications / software updates and additional media accessible via www.uni4..com
End User Responsibility
The end user must accept and follow the guidelines and recommendations published by uni4., including but not limited to information contained in technical specifications, uni4. Owner’s Manual, Assembly and Operation Guides, service communications /software updates and media accessible via www.uni4..com. The end user agrees to register their uni4. through the uni4. APP available through the App store and Google Play before first usage or agrees to visit www.uni4..com no less than every three months from first usage to stay informed about product and service updates.
Obtaining Repair Services for a Fault
Before you can process a claim, you must register your uni4. product through the uni4. APP available through the App store and Google Play. uni4. will refer to this registration information when support is required.
Before providing a repair service, uni4. or its authorised distributor or reseller may require you to provide proof of purchase details and may ask you to respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues. uni4. or its authorised distributor or reseller will provide instructions for the procedures for obtaining service.
Occasionally, uni4. will publish information to rectify known issues. Before seeking repair service, you should make contact with your point of sale, be it uni4. or an authorised uni4. distributor /reseller.
You must submit any claim arising from a faulty product within two (2) months of its discovery.
You should make available when requested, proof of purchase, the uni4. frame number and/or order number and a description of the problem. On satisfactory receipt of the requirements, a uni4. agent will work with you in an attempt to diagnose and resolve the issue.
If after seeking support from the seller, your uni4. product is still not functioning as specified, a uni4. representative will determine whether your uni4. product requires service/replacement and how uni4. will provide this service/ remedy the issue.
Claims for the following will not be valid:
- 1. Consumable parts where service life will vary widely depending on usage. These include batteries, tyres, inner tubes, brake pads, brake cables/hoses, brake fluid, pedals, belt and drive components and handlebar grips. Your warranty will not cover these products unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
- 2. Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents.
- 3. Damage caused by use with another product.
- 4. Damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, liquid contact, fire, earthquake, flood, Force majeure or external cause.
- 5. Any damage, failure or loss caused by misuse or operating the uni4. product outside uni4.’s published guidelines.
- 6. Damage caused by service by anyone who is not a representative of uni4. or a uni4. Service Provider.
- 7. A uni4. product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of uni4..
- 8. Defects caused by normal wear and tear including corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in paint, chips in paint, water damage, the results of fatigue. Fatigue damage is a symptom of the frame or component being worn through normal use. It is the owner’s responsibility to inspect his/her uni4. in accordance with responsible practice and the published recommendations outlined in the uni4. Owner’s Manual.
- 9. Any uni4. if the frame number has been removed or defaced from the uni4. product.
uni4. provides service through its network of uni4. distributors, resellers and on occasion directly rectifies issues where a distributor or reseller is not available. In the event that you require service or repair of a uni4. product, please contact the uni4. distributor / reseller from which you purchased the product. Depending on the complexity of service required, a distributor / reseller may elect to send your uni4. product to a uni4. Service Centre location. Upon completion of the service of your uni4. product, you will be notified, at which time you may collect the product as soon as is feasible or arrange for alternative collection / delivery options.
If you elect to repair a defective product yourself, use the services of a non-approved service agent, or if you use a replacement part not supplied by uni4., uni4. will not be liable for any damage, failure, repair costs or loss caused by the use of such unauthorised service or parts.
uni4. will have the option to repair or replace (with new or reconditioned parts of the same or similar specification), at no charge, a defective product, or repay the amount equal to the purchase price of the product. uni4. may elect to simultaneously replace non-defective parts that are part of a sub-assembly that contains the defective component. Any replaced components, parts or accessories will become the property of uni4.. In the event uni4. elects to replace a defective frame, a new frame of equal or greater value will be provided. The new frame may not be the exact model purchased.