At HONBIKE, we value your custom and if you encounter an issue with one of our products we are here to support you.
Under EU consumer law we provide you with up to two (2) years of protection relating to faulty products. For further information on rights provided under consumer law within Europe, please click here. Where appropriate, claims under warranty will only be valid with proof/date of purchase of HONBIKE products through an approved distributor, reseller, and for the original owner only. For details on warranty coverage and claims, please refer our “TERMS OF SALE” document.
Intended Use and Specification
HONBIKE is an electric bicycle developed in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Electric Bicycle Standard EN 15194 and the City Bicycle Standard EN 14764:2005 and is intended as a power-assisted bicycle for practical use by physically competent consumers.
HONBIKE products have been developed and designed for commuting/leisure usage and/or simple riding in fair weather, at safe speeds and relevant travel in an urban or suburban environment and in accordance with HONBIKE’s guidelines, including but not limited to information in HONBIKE’s technical specifications, Owner’s Manual, Assembly and Operation Guides, service communications / software updates and additional media accessible via www.HONBIKE.com
End User Responsibility
The end user must accept and follow the guidelines and recommendations published by HONBIKE, including but not limited to information contained in technical specifications, HONBIKE Owner’s Manual, Assembly and Operation Guides, service communications /software updates and media accessible via www.HONBIKE.com. The end user agrees to register their HONBIKE through the HONBIKE APP available through the App store and Google Play before first usage or agrees to visit www.HONBIKE.com no less than every three months from first usage to stay informed about product and service updates.
Obtaining Repair Services for a Fault
Before you can process a claim, you must register your HONBIKE product through the HONBIKE APP available through the App store and Google Play. HONBIKE will refer to this registration information when support is required.
Before providing a repair service, HONBIKE or its authorised distributor or reseller may require you to provide proof of purchase details and may ask you to respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues. HONBIKE or its authorised distributor or reseller will provide instructions for the procedures for obtaining service.
Occasionally, HONBIKE will publish information to rectify known issues. Before seeking repair service, you should make contact with your point of sale, be it HONBIKE or an authorised HONBIKE distributor /reseller.
You must submit any claim arising from a faulty product within two (2) months of its discovery.
You should make available when requested, proof of purchase, the HONBIKE frame number and/or order number and a description of the problem. On satisfactory receipt of the requirements, a HONBIKE agent will work with you in an attempt to diagnose and resolve the issue.
If after seeking support from the seller, your HONBIKE product is still not functioning as specified, a HONBIKE representative will determine whether your HONBIKE product requires service/replacement and how HONBIKE will provide this service/ remedy the issue.
Claims for the following will not be valid:
- 1. Consumable parts where service life will vary widely depending on usage. These include batteries, tyres, inner tubes, brake pads, brake cables/hoses, brake fluid, pedals, belt and drive components and handlebar grips. Your warranty will not cover these products unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
- 2. Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents.
- 3. Damage caused by use with another product.
- 4. Damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, liquid contact, fire, earthquake, flood, Force majeure or external cause.
- 5. Any damage, failure or loss caused by misuse or operating the HONBIKE product outside HONBIKE’s published guidelines.
- 6. Damage caused by service by anyone who is not a representative of HONBIKE or a HONBIKE Service Provider.
- 7. A HONBIKE product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of HONBIKE.
- 8. Defects caused by normal wear and tear including corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in paint, chips in paint, water damage, the results of fatigue. Fatigue damage is a symptom of the frame or component being worn through normal use. It is the owner’s responsibility to inspect his/her HONBIKE in accordance with responsible practice and the published recommendations outlined in the HONBIKE Owner’s Manual.
- 9. Any HONBIKE if the frame number has been removed or defaced from the HONBIKE product.
HONBIKE provides service through its network of HONBIKE distributors, resellers and on occasion directly rectifies issues where a distributor or reseller is not available. In the event that you require service or repair of a HONBIKE product, please contact the HONBIKE distributor / reseller from which you purchased the product. Depending on the complexity of service required, a distributor / reseller may elect to send your HONBIKE product to a HONBIKE Service Centre location. Upon completion of the service of your HONBIKE product, you will be notified, at which time you may collect the product as soon as is feasible or arrange for alternative collection / delivery options.
If you elect to repair a defective product yourself, use the services of a non-approved service agent, or if you use a replacement part not supplied by HONBIKE, HONBIKE will not be liable for any damage, failure, repair costs or loss caused by the use of such unauthorised service or parts.
HONBIKE will have the option to repair or replace (with new or reconditioned parts of the same or similar specification), at no charge, a defective product, or repay the amount equal to the purchase price of the product. HONBIKE may elect to simultaneously replace non-defective parts that are part of a sub-assembly that contains the defective component. Any replaced components, parts or accessories will become the property of HONBIKE. In the event HONBIKE elects to replace a defective frame, a new frame of equal or greater value will be provided. The new frame may not be the exact model purchased.